The Passport Scanner feature helps Mobile Passport users decrease time and error when creating a passport profile on the app. Instead of entering passport information manually, the Passport Scanner reads the MRZ (Machine Readable Passport Zone) code on the physical passport, which then automatically fills in the data fields on the app.
How it works:
- Check your mobile device settings to allow the Mobile Passport app access to your camera
- Open the Mobile Passport app, then select "Add Passport" and "Scan passport"
- Check that the MRZ code is located in the drawn field
- When the code is correctly positioned, the field color will turn green
- Finished - Confirm that your data on the app appears exactly as it does on your physical passport.
- For instance, under your Surname, it should list your last name. Under Given Names, it should list your first name SPACE middle name SPACE middle name, and so on. All hyphens and apostrophes should be replaced by a SPACE.
For accurate results, the Passport Scanner is made available to those devices meeting the required hardware specifications for a high-resolution camera, therefore not all devices include this feature at the moment. We are working on extending our device set. In the meantime, users may manually enter their passport information on the app.